rss
twitter
ebh824@gmail.com

Monday, June 6, 2011

Feminist Views on ART, Surrogacy, Egg Donation and Adoption

C. over at The Infertility Revolutionary brought this fascinating issue of The Scholar & Feminist online, a webjournal published by the Barnard Center for Research on Women, titled "Critical Conceptions: Technology, Justice and the Global Reproductive Market."

The webjournal is comprised of lectures, documentary excerpts and papers presented during a series of conferences dedicated to discussing the new world of reproductive technology from a feminist point of view.

I have had the opportunity to read through most of the material and have found them all fascinating. There are important questions that are being discussed here, some of which I found potentially controversial and others central to our personal debates on these relevant issues.

The topics covered are the "baby making business," the legal aspects of infertility coverage, egg donation and surrogacy in India, the identity implications of donations for the offsprings, our societal portrayal of surrogates and the global "trade" of today's adoption process.

I encourage you to read some it when you find a little time. I'd be happy to discuss any specific articles that you would like.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Hello! I know you don't know me, but we've got something in common. I got your blog address off the Stirrup Queen's blogroll and was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me help a couple who is trying to add a little one to their family. We're holding a silent auction for them this weekend (Friday and Saturday) on goteamwitt.blogspot.com and need help getting the word out! We would love it if you would spread the word via social media or here on your blog. Additionally, we are always looking for more donations to auction off, so if you or someone you know might be interested in making a donation, all the information is under the donate tab. If you have any questions or would be willing to post a pre-written blog post about the auction and the sponsored couple, please contact Kristin at goteamwitt@gmail.com Thanks in advance for taking the time to consider this!

chris said...

Surrogate Mother Help Creating Families and Surrogacy in india is affordable. Surrogacy, Surrogacy law Clinic. Ivf Centers India.
http://www.malhotrahospitals.com/ivf-treatments/surrogacy.php

Honey B. said...

WOW...awesome reading material, I don't know where to start!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for drawing this journal to our attention (and for stopping my blog to comment). I'm sure that the articles will provide much food for thought.

natural fertility said...

This could be great reading materials and for sure you could learn a lot from their discussions. You also have to make an opinion on this issues, since it has been a trending specially those couple who are involve. You also have to open your mind on the things that you can read and get to their point. In case you have other fertility concerns, I found this site that maybe helpful. http://www.natural-fertility-prescription.com

Surrogacy said...

I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and make a comment on my blog. I love hearing from you. Please sign up to follow me. And don't hesitate to email with questions or future topics.